Spoiler Alert! GCB Will Rock Your Casbah!
Dear good people of Southern Belle Hell, run, do not walk over to your DVR and set it for this Sunday, March 4 for 10/9 Central. GCB aka Good Christians Belles, aka Good Christian Bitches is premiering, and this writer knows for a fact it’s gonna be great!
How could I possibly know that? Top Five Reasons:
1. Now I’m a nice Presbyterian girl – sometimes!—but anything with “Good”, “Christian” and “bitches” in the original title has got to be sassy and irreverent. Just the way I like it.
2. Darren Starr is one of the executive producers. You know, Mr. Darren Starr of a little show called Sex and the City? That guy. Which means the show practically has a Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval slapped on it! Yippee!
3. A friend of a friend of a friend of a…slipped me a copy of the script for the first episode, and I hee-hawed my way through it. We can thank Mr. Robert Harling for that. I’ve loved you so long, Mr. Harling. You won me over with Steel Magnolias, sweetened the pot with Soapdish, tickled my fancy with The First Wives Club (the movie). I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for your latest comedy stylings, I am, indeed.
4. Have y’all seen the promo? Hilarious! Kristen Chenoweth –aka KrisChen — cuts a mean rug as a Dallas high society babe. Annie Potts (remember her from Designing Women?) has me rolling on the floor. Check it out!
5. There’s a character named Cricket! Cricket! Yay! Those of us named “Cricket” love having more Crickets in the world. The one on GCB is not named for me, but the one on Hart of Dixie, she is! That’s the God’s honest truth, it is!
So, folks, please join me in circling the wagons around the TV Sunday night to watch Dallas’ Desperate Christian Bi—uh—Housewives in action. See you then!
No related posts.